1000 LaSalle Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55403
B.A., University of Minnesota
Chitra Vairavan began working as the Program Coordinator for the UST Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services (IPC) in 2007. Her work is fueled by the social justice mission, values, and services the IPC provides to the community. Vairavan believes strongly in the intersection of social justice and the arts as well, which begins her journey as an artist.
Vairavan is a contemporary Indian dancer. She began her artistic career as one of the founding members of Ananya Dance Theatre in 2004 and has since become a principal dancer and rehearsal director with the company. She later joined Aniccha Arts, as a dance collaborator. Vairavan teaches and substitute teaches contemporary Indian dance at the University of Minnesota, Patrick’s Cabaret, and various other performance arts spaces in the Twin Cities.
Vairavan is working toward her master's in International Leadership Development at the University of St. Thomas.
• 2011 Artist We Love, Minnesota Monthly (fall preview edition)
• 2008 Minnesota Sage Cowles People’s Choice Award Recipient
• 2011 Hero staff member for the University of St. Thomas Legal Services Clinic
• 2006 President’s Student Leadership and Service Award Recipient, University of Minnesota
• 2006 University of Minnesota Alumni Association Award Recipient