School of Law
Minneapolis Convention Center Rooms 101A-J
Graduates will line up in Rooms 102 A-C
Important Dates and Information
[UPDATES -- Coming]
Caps and Gowns
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Contact: Angela Dzik
April 24th or April 25th
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Atrium: Your class composite photo will be taken first and then you will pick up your cap/gown in MSL 138
Contact: Angela Dzik/Paul Provost
- If you are unable to pick up your cap & gown at either of these times, you can pick them up at the bookstore in Opus Hall anytime after April 27th
- You will receive your hood on the day of commencement
Immediately following ceremony back at the law school.
- You must turn in your cap, gown and hood immediately following the ceremony. Not turning in your cap/gown on the day of commencement will result in a late fee assessed to the graduate.
- Each graduate will receive five complimentary invitations. If you would like additional invitations/announcements, you may order them through the bookstore.
Graduation Hotel Option
April 22nd or April 23rd 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. * Atrium
Contact: Angela Dzik (MSL 404)
- Get your photo taken for composite picture
- Photos will be available online at www.davidbankstudios.com to choose which shot you’d like for the composite and will be available for purchase.
- Due to commencement taking place at the Minneapolis Convention Center, there are no tickets for commencement.
- Seating is open and available on a first-come, first-served basis. The doors to the auditorium will open at 12 noon.
School of Law Commencement Day
Saturday, May 11th
Minneapolis Convention Center Rooms 102 A-C
- Doors of the auditorium open early but the auditorium doors will not open until 12 p.m.
- Graduates must arrive no later than 12 p.m.
- All Students must be report to the line-up room no later than 12:15 p.m. Graduates will line up in 101 A-J
- The ceremony will last until approximately 2:30 p.m.
- A baccalaureate mass and breakfast will be held prior to commencement. The Mass will begin at 10:30 a.m. followed by light pastries and coffee. Reservations are required.
- A punch and cake reception will follow immediately after commencement in the Law School Atrium
Career Services Exit Survey
Distributed: April 1st
Deadline for return: April 24th or 25th depending on when you pick up your cap and gown (you will not receive cap & gown until survey is completed)
Contact: Dan Winterlin (2-4860)
- Completed survey is due back from all 3Ls as it is a requirement of graduation
- If you plan to pick up your cap/gown on Apr. 26th, please have your survey completed by then.
Community Service Hour Reporting
Friday, May 4th
Contact: LuAnn Hudson
Mentor Externship Activity Logs
Friday, April 26
Contacts: Monica Anderson (x24979) or Judie Rush (x24898) (MSL 327)
To meet the program requirements students must complete the following by Friday, April 26:
- Complete all requirements of the Mentor Externship course, including required class attendance, assignments, in person meetings, and any make up assignments
- Log all program activity in Mentor Log 3.0 including 5 distinct experiences, 2 mentor debriefings, and a total of 30 hours of fieldwork
- Print completed mentor log, meet with your mentor in person to discuss the mentor log, and log the year end meeting