The University of St. Thomas School of Law awards both full (Presidential) and partial (Dean’s) tuition scholarships. Scholarship awards are effective for all three years of law school, except as noted in policy III-C-1. Good Academic Standing.
Full Tuition Scholarships have the following features:
- Covers all law tuition credits enrolled.
- May be used for courses taken during summer session.
- Covers 6 approved elective credits taken in other UST academic units. May cover up to 8 credits when the first non-law course taken is a 4 credit course (such as languages). The second course may be 2, 3 or 4 credits and be covered by full-tuition scholarship.
- Does not cover courses taken in other UST academic units when the student is enrolled as a joint degree candidate.
Partial Tuition Scholarships have the following features:
- Annual scholarship amount will be divided evenly between fall and spring semesters.
- Cannot be applied to summer session enrollment.
- Will cover up to three years (six semesters) of law school enrollment.
- Covers up to 6 approved elective credits taken in other UST academic units.
- Does not cover courses taken in other UST academic units when enrolled as a joint degree candidate.
- Will not exceed actual law tuition in any given semester.
Special Circumstances – Joint Degree programs
- Scholarships only cover law school tuition credits.
- JD/MBA program requires a total of four years (eight semesters) of study – two all Law years, one all MBA year and one “blended” year. Full scholarships will apply to any law tuition credits taken. Partial scholarships will be limited to six semesters of study (two Law years, one “blended” year).
- Scholarship awards amounts will not be adjusted for participation in joint degree programs.
Other Policies in this section