IRT is pleased to offer access to Microsoft's Office 365 to the UST community. Office 365 is a cloud-based service for file storage, online communication, and collaboration, including easy access to Office applications. Features include:
- 1 Terabyte of personal storage space via OneDrive for Business, including the ability to share files and collaborate in real-time
- Instant messaging, audio and video conferencing via Lync
- Ability to create, view, and edit files in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from within a web browser
- Support for PCs, Macs, mobile devices and tablets
- Installation of Microsoft Office ProPlus applications on up to 5 personal computers
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use Office 365 at UST?
Office 365 is available to all active UST students, faculty, and staff. Note that Affiliate and Emeritus Faculty accounts do not have access to Office 365 at this time.
Access to Office 365 is terminated once your UST account status becomes inactive. Users are responsible for obtaining copies of all personal data from their OneDrive for Business account prior to UST account termination. The timeline for account termination is:
- Students: 365 days after last active term or graduation
- Faculty: 730 days after last active term
- Staff: Last day of employment
For more information about account termination, see our Accounts page.
How do I access Office 365?
Data and the Cloud
As any service, cloud-based or otherwise, use of Office 365 at UST is subject to IRT's Responsible Use Policy and to state and federal laws regarding the protection of sensitive and confidential data. Individuals should be mindful of all content uploaded to Office 365 and OneDrive for Business. Do not upload to Office 365 any sensitive data that must be protected for compliance purposes. Examples include:
- Protected Health Information (regulated by HIPAA)
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) information
- Sensitive Identifiable Human Subject Research
- Social Security Numbers
Please contact the IRT Tech Desk if you have any questions or concerns about working with data in the Office 365 cloud.
What is ProPlus (formerly Student Advantage)?
UST faculty, staff, and students can download and install Microsoft Office on up to 5 personal computers through UST's ProPlus license with Microsoft.
See our Office 365 FAQ page for additional information.
Contact the IRT Tech Desk at 651-962-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with Office 365 @ UST.