Optix - Document Management
Optix is the enterprise level Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) used by the University of St. Thomas. Optix is an easy-to-use system that captures, stores, creates, retrieves and controls information and documents from creation to archiving. You can think of Optix as a digital file cabinet for all of your documentation needs.
Optix is an integrated solution that addresses the management of information stored in an electronic format through information capture, document imaging, and document management.
- Information capture includes receiving, processing, and managing electronic information in native file formats.
- Document imaging includes scanning, indexing, storing, viewing, and annotations.
- Document management includes check-in/check-out, version control, and document handling.
Some of Optix's key features include:
- an integrated suite of products that range from a single user to thousands of users.
- scalability - allowing implementation for an individual office, department, or enterprise wide application with the ability to grow as required by the individual user(s).
- four different modules listed below:
- Optix Web (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Optix Workstation User Guide (pdf file)
- Scanning with Optix (see documentation below)
- Mindwrap (link to the software company that produces Optix)
- Annotating Images (see documentation below)
- Cleaning Images (see documentation below)
- Advanced Search Query Techniques
- Opening a MacWord document (w8bn or w6bn) on a Windows machine
- Optix 7 Features Summary