Optix - Document Management
Optix is the enterprise level Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) used by the University of St. Thomas. Optix is an easy-to-use system that captures, stores, creates, retrieves and controls information and documents from creation to archiving. You can think of Optix as a digital file cabinet for all of your documentation needs. See how Optix is being used at UST http://www.mindwrap.com/downloads/docs/UST_Case_Study.pdf
Optix is an integrated solution that addresses the management of information stored in an electronic format through information capture, document imaging, and document management.
- Information capture includes receiving, processing, and managing electronic information in native file formats.
- Document imaging includes scanning, indexing, storing, viewing, and annotations.
- Document management includes check-in/check-out, version control, and document handling.
Some of Optix's key features include:
- an integrated suite of products that range from a single user to thousands of users.
- scalability - allowing implementation for an individual office, department, or enterprise wide application with the ability to grow as required by the individual user(s).
- four different modules listed below:
- Optix Web (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Optix Workstation User Guide (pdf file)
- Scanning with Optix (see documentation below)
- Mindwrap (link to the software company that produces Optix)
- Annotating Images (see documentation below)
- Cleaning Images (see documentation below)
- Advanced Search Query Techniques
- Opening a MacWord document (w8bn or w6bn) on a Windows machine
- Optix 7 Features Summary