Blackboard Upgrade Coming This Summer
IRT will install the latest Blackboard updates the weekend of July 18-19. The upgrade will begin at 6:00PM on Friday, July 18 and will run through Saturday, July 19. Blackboard will be unavailable during the upgrade. This update builds upon the improved functionality and user experience delivered with 9.1. After this update, UST will be on the most current version of Blackboard.
What’s new for faculty?
This update includes a number of enhancements and bug fixes, but overall functionality hasn't changed significantly. The enhancements include:
- Financial Aid Reporting: Activity reports can be run to verify student participation in online/blended courses. Student activity impacts ability to receive financial aid.
- Student Preview: Student accounts will be generated by Blackboard so that instructors can preview their own course as a student.
- Assessment Enhancements: There are some minor enhancements to calculated formula questions, which allow the faculty to select number of significant numbers necessary in generating answer sets instead of decimal places.
- Grading Enhancements: There are two new features for anonymous and delegated grading capabilities.
- Safe Assign Enhancements: SafeAssign will now be part of any assignment, instead of being a separate “SafeAssign Assignment.” The SafeAssign Originality Report has also changed.
Profile tools will also be coming this week to Blackboard. This will allow faculty and students to create profiles for the sake of creating community particularly in online/blended courses.