About the Vice President
Samuel J. Levy, EdD
Vice President and CIO
Sam Levy joined the University of St. Thomas community in August 2001 as Vice President for Information Resources and Technologies and Chief Information Officer. He was previously executive director of UNET, the University of Maine System’s statewide network for computing, telecommunications, and distance learning, and was director of The Institute for Learning and Technology at Northern Arizona University. Dr. Levy has served on numerous national and state boards for educational telecommunications and information technologies, published and consulted in the field, and worked in secondary and higher education for more than 30 years.
Dr. Levy’s responsibilities include:
- Overall management responsibility for IRT direction, policy, budgets and operations.
- Focus on strategic development of new technologies and information resources management.
- Representing UST and IRT externally and internally.
- Developing external relationships on behalf of the university that leverage our position and help the university stay competitive in the market.
- Maintaining relationships with IT colleagues at other universities and organizations.
- Setting the pace for achieving the IRT mission and vision.
- Ensuring that IRT is aligned with university strategic directions.
- Ensuring that IRT activities and the structures within which those activities are performed are effective and efficient.