About the Vice President
Vice President for Information Resources & Technologies
Ed Clark joined the university as the Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Information Resources and Technology in July 2015. Previously Ed served in this role in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota beginning in 2001 and most recently at Minnesota State University, Mankato, since 2011. During his time at Mankato, his responsibilities included: integrating new technologies for greater learning and retention outcomes, providing strategic direction on technology, and serving on leadership and governance committees.
Vice President for IRT responsibilities include:
- Provide visionary leadership for technologyServe as the primary university advocate and spokesperson for technology strategy.
- Provide leadership in creating a vision and strategy for distance learning technology at the university.
- Create and maintain a culture of service excellence in the IRT.
- Create and maintain an effective communication platform for key stakeholders.
- Partner with faculty and academic leadership to upgrade the effectiveness and efficiency of the University's instructional and research programs.
- Develop and implement policies and practices to safeguard the University's technology infrastructure and data.
Vice President for Technology and Chief Information Officer