About the Vice President
Vice President for Information Resources & Technologies
Ed Clark joined the university as the Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Information Resources and Technology in July 2015. Previously Ed served in this role in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota beginning in 2001 and most recently at Minnesota State University, Mankato, since 2011. During his time at Mankato, his responsibilities included: integrating new technologies for greater learning and retention outcomes, providing strategic direction on technology, and serving on leadership and governance committees.
Vice President for IRT responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary university advocate and spokesperson for technology strategy.
- Create and maintain a culture of service excellence and effective communication.
- Manage the functions and services of the IRT area in a timely, high quality, and cost-effective manner consistent with the values and mission of the university.
- Develop budget priorities and supervise the acquisition and inventory.
- Develop and implement policies and practices to safeguard infrastructure and data.
- Partner with faculty and academic leadership, to upgrade the effectiveness and efficiency of instructional and research programs.
- Participate in capital project planning to ensure the technology needs are met.
- Represent the University and participate in various IT associations such as EDUCAUSE.
- Actively monitor developments in technology and implement innovative and value-driven solutions.
Vice President for Technology and Chief Information Officer