[Main] [Mission] [Opportunities] [Expectations] [Policies] [Contact]
II. Opportunities, Required Paperwork, Getting Paid
1. Finding Student Employment Opportunities
- There are many student employment opportunities available on campus. The availability of positions varies throughout the year, with greater opportunities at the start of each semester. All jobs are posted as they become available.
- View the most current student openings.
APPLYING FOR A POSITION
- Once you find a job that interests you, please apply online, uploading a resume or cover letter if requested. If you need help or would like someone to review your resume and/or cover letter, please contact or visit the Career Development Center.
- Contact the position contact listed on the position with any questions or to get more information.
- Supervisors will contact students whose applications best fit their criteria for the position.
2. Required Paperwork
- ALL students need a Student Employment Form and an up-to-date I-9 Form in order to work on campus. The I-9 Form must be completed before a student is able to access the Student Employment Form.
- I-9 Form
- If this is your first time working on campus at the University of St. Thomas, or if you have not worked on campus in the last 12 months, you will need to complete an I-9 form. This form must be completed on or before the first day of work.
- At the time you complete your I-9 form, it is necessary to show original identification documents. For a list of acceptable identification please click
here List of Acceptable Documents.
- If you have questions regarding the completion of the I-9 form contact the Department of Human Resources at (651) 962-6510.
- Student Employment Form
- Log into Murphy Online
- Click on Student Services
- Click Student Employment
- Click Student Employment Form
- Select the term in which you are being hired (ex. Fall 2009)
- Click Enter another Employment Position
- Select supervisor
- Submit form electronically to your supervisor for approval
Step-By-Step Students' Guide to the Student Employment System
- Privileged Access Confidentiality Agreement
- The University of St. Thomas provides employees with the information they need to do their jobs. As an employee with need-to-know access to University information systems you will have privileges consistent with your job duties to access Private Information about faculty, staff, students, alumni and donors. A signed PACA form is required before you can be granted access to University of St. Thomas information systems as part of your job responsibilities.
A STUDENT CANNOT WORK OR BE PAID UNTIL COMPLETING ALL OF THE STEPS LISTED ABOVE.
3. Getting Paid
- You will be paid bi-weekly either by check, direct deposit into a checking or savings account, or by having your earnings applied to your UST bill. You may use a combination of these options as well.
- Students who do not use a time clock should fill out timecards on a daily basis and submit their timecards in accordance to the Hourly Payroll Schedule. Timecards are not issued until the Student Form and I-9 form are turned into HR. Once the form is processed timecards are sent to the student’s supervisor. Minneapolis Campus students should pick up their timecards in TMH 201 after their first timecards are sent to their supervisors.