Job Matrices Table of Contents
Job Matrices is one of the tools Human Resources are developing that will benefit St. Thomas employees, managers and Human Resources in staffing, compensation and employee development processes. Job matrices help us:
- Define requirements when we recruit candidates for openings
- Define the progression of jobs in an employee’s career and development path
- Determine the appropriate pay grade and compensation levels during job evaluation
- Define the expected standards for employee performance
- Match our jobs to similar ones in our market surveys in order to insure the right pay levels
A job matrix is a tool that charts a progression of job levels within a job family. The matrix lists job levels and the corresponding job requirements, including duties and necessary skills, experience and education required.
Table of Contents:
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions
page regarding matrices.