Health Insurance for F1 and J1 Students
Health insurance is required of all F-1 and J-1 international students on a St. Thomas I-20 or DS-2019. University of St. Thomas will be partnering with UnitedHealthcare beginning fall 2016.
2016-2017 UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Student Health Insurance Plan Information
For Students Enrolled in the Plan
J-1 International Students
Students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan.
F-1 International Students
Health Insurance Action Required:
- WAIVE the Student Health Insurance Plan
- Students with comparable health insurance coverage may submit a request to waive the St. Thomas-sponsored plan. See Health Insurance Waiver Requirements and Instructions (note: requirements are new for 2016-2017)
- The deadline to waive the UnitedHealthcare Plan for spring semester is February 28, 2017. In order to allow time for questions, we strongly encourage you to request your waiver by February 15, 2017.
- ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan
- See Health Insurance Enrollment Instructions
- Enroll to activate your coverage; if you do not enroll, your coverage will not be activated until after February 28, 2017
- Once you are enrolled in the plan, there are no refunds
If you have any questions regarding the Health Insurance Plan or waiver process, please the St. Thomas Student Health Insurance Office at 651-962-6752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All claims disputes are between the insured and the insurance company. University of St. Thomas is not responsible for unpaid claims.