UST Mandatory Insurance Requirements
Undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credits and graduate, professional or law students enrolled in 9 or more credits are required to demonstrate health insurance coverage every fall semester. Students who meet this requirement must complete the health insurance verification process or they will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the UST sponsored plan (Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan).
To complete the health insurance verification process, students must enter their health insurance information or purchase the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan via Murphy Online. Students will receive reminders each fall to complete this process.
Murphy Online will open July 7, 2014, to complete the health insurance verification process for the 2014-2015 academic year. For those purchasing the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan during the annual enrollment period, coverage will be effective starting August 15, 2014.
Degree-seeking students taking at least 3 credits but not meeting the mandatory credit requirement for health insurance may voluntarily purchase the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan during the annual enrollment period this fall.
Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan
Some Highlights of the 2014-2015 plan include:
- 100% coverage for care received at UST Health Services
- No deductible for care received at UST Health Services
- Unlimited maximum benefit
- Coverage includes sports-related injuries
- Prescription coverage plan ($15 co-pay for generics; $45 co-pay for formulary; $75 co-pay for non-formulary)
- Access to local and national preferred providers
- Access to Dental, Vision, Fitness, and alternative Health Care Discount Programs
- Travel Assistance Service and Worldwide Medical Coverage while studying abroad
- 24 hour nurse telephone line
For additional questions, please contact the UST Student Health Insurance Office at 651-962-6752 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All claims disputes are between the insured and the insurance company. The University of St. Thomas is not responsible for unpaid claims.
Summer Hours (through 8/29)
Monday through Thursday:
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
(Closed 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM)
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday, August 28th
Clinic will be closed for staff development
Monday, September 1st
Clinic will be closed for Labor Day
Tuesday, September 2nd
Regular Clinic Hours Resume
Monday and Friday:
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Lower level of Brady Residence Hall on the St. Paul Campus