Beyond the Prereqs: Related Health Professions Coursework
The following is a sample of UST courses which either have a medical emphasis or explore important topics of concern to those in the health care field. These courses, whether chosen as electives or to fulfill core requirements, would make great options for aspiring health professionals.
- HLTH 280 Exploring Medicine (2 credits) http://exploringmedicine.net
- ECON 326 Industry Studies: Health
- GEOG 298 Topics: Geograpy of Global Health (offered Fall 2014)
- GEOL 161 Medical Geology
- PHED 240 Medical Terminology (2 credits)
- PHIL 354 Biomedical Ethics
- PSYC 151 Cross-Cultural Psychology (fulfills the Human Diversity core requirement)
- THEO 420 Theology and the Biomedical Revolution (fulfills the 400-level THEO core requirement)
- THEO 437 Christian Faith and the Medical Profession (fulfills the 400-level THEO core requirement)
In addition to the above on-campus courses, pre-health professions students are encouraged to consider the many diverse opportunities for study abroad while pursuing their undergraduate degree.