Beyond the Prereqs: Related Health Professions Coursework
The following is a sample of UST courses which either have a medical emphasis or explore important topics of concern to those in the health care field. These courses would make great options for aspiring health professionals.
- IDSC 296 Topics: Exploring Medicine (2 credits) http://exploringmedicine.net
- ECON 326 Industry Studies: Health
- GEOL 161 Medical Geology
- PHED 240 Medical Terminology (2 credits)
- PHIL 354 Biomedical Ethics
- PSYC 151 Cross-Cultural Psychology (fulfills the Human Diversity core requirement)
- THEO 420 Theology and the Biomedical Revolution (fulfills the 400-level THEO core requirement)
- THEO 437 Christian Faith and the Medical Profession (fulfills the 400-level THEO core requirement)
In addition to the above on-campus courses, pre-health professions students are encouraged to consider the many diverse opportunities for study abroad while pursuing their undergraduate degree.