Please consider the following carefully to determine your eligibility for the Excel! Research Scholars Program.
YOU MUST FIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. You are a first-generation college student (neither of your parents or legal guardian(s) have a four-year bachelor's degree or degree above an associate (two-year) degree)
2. You have U.S. military status.
YOU MUST ALSO:
- Be interested in obtaining a graduate degree, such as: M.A., M.S., M.S.W., Ph.D., Ed.D., Psy.D., D.S.W., or J.D. (M.D. and nursing, professional medical fields, or technical fields are not qualified for this program due to the nature of preparation for these degrees)
- Have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking student at the University of St. Thomas, Concordia University-St. Paul, Hamline University, Macalester College, or St. Catherine University
- Currently a sophomore and have completed 60 undergraduate credit hours by May 2013
- Commit to the eight-week summer program for full-time research or an internship
A first-generation college student is an undergraduate student wherein neither biological parent or legal guardian has completed a four-year bachelor's degree or degree above an associate (two-year) degree.
A student who has U.S. military status has served in any branch of the United States Department of Defense military.