Excel Research Scholars Program
The Excel Research Scholars Program helps motivated and talented undergraduate students experience graduate school acceptance and success. Here are a few ways our scholars have excelled:
- Tamnnet Kidanu was recently accepted into Master of Public Health programs at Boston University and University of Tennessee - Knoxville.
- Shannon Heitkamp was admitted to Master of Public Policy programs at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin-Madison, George Washington University, and University of Maryland-College Park.
- Shanea Turner-Smith was admitted to the Master of Social Work program at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. After a highly-competitive application process, Shanea was awarded the Olin Fellowship, which fully funds her education.
- Tiana Daniels was invited to present her research at the 12th Annual Yale Bouchet Conference on Diversity and Graduate Education at Yale University. Additionally, she was awarded a student researcher position through George Mason University for the Brooklyn Park PD collective efficacy project.
- Anisa Abdulkadir was recently admitted to the Duke University Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) in Durham, North Carolina. This highly-competitive program is designed to give motivated undergraduate students hands-on experience in graduate-level biomedical research.
- Quin Lei has been admitted to the Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (SUROP) at Kansas State University where she will conduct research in the Department of Psychological Sciences. Quin was also invited to participate in a Diversity Weekend in the Department of Psychology at the University of Minnesota.