The Excel Research Scholars Program is a post-baccalaureate achievement program that prepares undergraduate students to apply to, and excel in, graduate school. Excel Research Scholars are committed to social change and seek to achieve social justice through scholarship and research.
As an Excel Research Scholar, you will:
- Complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor and present your findings at local and national conferences.
- Receive advanced research, writing, and presentation training, Graduate Record Exam preparation, academic and career coaching, and assistance in applying to graduate school.
- Receive room and board on the University of St. Thomas campus during an 8-week summer research institute.
- Earn a $3,500 merit-based stipend, paid throughout the summer and academic year.
- Receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement for visits to potential graduate schools.
We are currently accepting applications for the Excel Research Scholars Program. If you would like to be considered as a candidate, please complete the application by January 15, 2015.