About the Program
The Excel! Research Scholars Program is a post-baccalaureate achievement program that prepares undergraduate students for successful completion of the baccalaureate degree, while preparing undergraduate students to apply to, be competitive for and excel in graduate school. Excel! Research Scholars are committed to social change and seek to achieve social justice through scholarship and research.
As an Excel! Research Scholar, you will:
- Complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor and present your findings at local and national conferences.
- Receive advanced research, writing, and presentation training, Graduate Record Exam preparation, academic and career coaching, and assistance in applying to graduate school.
- Receive room and board on the University of St. Thomas campus during an 8-week Summer Research Institute.
- Earn a $3,500 merit-based stipend, paid throughout the summer and academic year.
- Receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement for visits to potential graduate schools.
- Have the option to participate on the Journey for Justice: J-Term Study Tour of the American Civil Rights Movement
Form more information about the Excel! Research Scholars Program, please contact Cynthia Fraction at email@example.com or 651-962-5960.