About the Program
The Excel! Research Scholars Program is a post-baccalaureate achievement program that prepares undergraduate students for successful completion of the baccalaureate degree, while preparing undergraduate students to apply to, be competitive for and excel in graduate school. Excel! Research Scholars are committed to social change and seek to achieve social justice through scholarship and research.
As an Excel! Research Scholar, you will:
- Complete a research project under the guidance of a faculty mentor and present your findings at local and national conferences.
- Receive advanced research, writing, and presentation training, Graduate Record Exam preparation, academic and career coaching, and assistance in applying to graduate school.
- Receive room and board on the University of St. Thomas campus during an 8-week Summer Research Institute.
- Earn a $3,500 merit-based stipend, paid throughout the summer and academic year.
- Receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement for visits to potential graduate schools.
Who is Eligible?
- This year rising seniors are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are graduating in May 2018 we encourage you to read further.
Form more information about the Excel! Research Scholars Program, please contact Cynthia Fraction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-962-5960.