The Grants and Research Office supports student and faculty research throughout the University of St. Thomas. We support students and faculty in several ways:
Faculty and staff are assisted as they develop and submit funding proposals to governmental agencies. The interim grants officer is Dr. Rob Riley.
Undergraduates and graduate students receive support for their research through student research grant programs. The Excel! Research Scholars program helps prepare students for graduate school in addition to performing research.
We also support research at St. Thomas through the Institutional Review Board, which ensures the respect and welfare of human subjects involved in research.
For more information we invite you to locate the program or programs that best fit your goals and learn more about these opprotunities. If you would like to meet with someone regarding a certain program please contact the name associated with the program.
Upcoming Grant Deadlines
Grants & Research Office Programs:
- The deadline for Summer 2017 research grants has passed.
- Fall 2017 Collaborative Inquiry Grants - Friday, April 7 at 4:30 pm
- Abstracts for participation in Spring Inquiry at UST due to Dr. Vanca Schrunk - April 26, 2017 at 4:30 pm
- Summer Housing Grants - Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:30 pm
- Annual Meeting & Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium, Macalester College - April 1, 2017
- Priority Deadline - March 15, 2017
Help get the word out! Please forward any deadline notifications for external funding for student research to GRO@stthomas.edu.