New Student Class Registration Instructions
Welcome to your graduate program in software at the University of St. Thomas. Now that you have been accepted into our graduate program, you may register for your class or classes.
To register for your classes, please mail, fax, or bring in the three required registration forms (see below) to the GPS Office which is located in O'Shaughnessy Science Hall (OSS) Room 301. You will not be registered until the GPS department has received these three signed forms. Due to a possible security risk, we do NOT recommend that you return these forms via e-mail as they will contain your personal information.
New GPS students will receive an e-mail confirmation when you are registered.
3. Student Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement (Extended Payment Plan)
If you have any questions regarding this form, please call the Business Office at 651-962-6600 or 1-800-328-6819 ext. 6600.
Prior to attending your first class you will also need to do the following.
- Get your UST ID card from the Card Office, located in Murray-Herrick Campus Center (MHC) Room 101.
- Purchase your textbooks: online (please check the UST Bookstore site for the correct ISBN to ensure you have the correct versions) OR visit the UST Bookstore located on the north end, lower level of Murray-Herrick Campus Center .
- If you plan to park on campus, you will need a parking permit. (NOTE: Parking is free during Summer session.) To purchase your parking permit you first need to register your vehicle through Murphy Online and then get your parking permit at Parking Services at 2119 Grand Ave. (corner of Grand Ave. and Finn St.) between 8am – 4:30pm, Mon. – Fri. Please note - you must receive e-mail confirmation confirming your class registration before you are able to login to Murphy Online.
- If you are registering for three or more graduate classes please make sure to read the health insurance requirement below.
Health Insurance and Immunization Requirements *Requirements have changed for 2014-2015*
Immunization: While immunization information is no longer required for graduate/professional students, UST Health Services encourages students to provide this information. After you have received confirmation of your registration from the GPS department, you may enter your immunization information online through myHealthPortal
Health Insurance: Health Insurance is required for graduate/professional students registered for 9 or more credits. PLEASE NOTE: If you plan to take three or more graduate classes, you will be billed for health insurance unless you provide proof of insurance.
For further information please visit UST Health Services: http://www.stthomas.edu/healthservices/
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact Health Services at 651-962-6750.
*NEW* - Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training: REQUIRED
Complete the required sexual misconduct prevention training, Not Anymore, through Murphy Online. This is a video-based program that should take you 45-60 minutes to complete. Log in to Murphy Online, click on “Student Services,” and select “Sexual Misconduct Required Training.” All current and incoming graduate and undergraduate students are required to complete this training.
- See Murphy Online for latest course updates including class locations: http://banner.stthomas.edu and select “Searchable Class Schedule”, Subject: SEIS Software Engineering/Info Sys.
- Graduate Financial Aid: http://www.stthomas.edu/financialaid/graduate/
- Student Loan Deferment Process Instructions: UST participates in the National Student Loan Clearinghouse which maintains an electronic file on the status of each student enrolled in classes. Please read this information. Your forms can be submitted to the GPS office but they will be forwarded to the Registrar's office for processing. All deferment forms are forwarded to the Clearinghouse. UST does not send forms directly to the lending agencies.
- UST St. Paul campus map: http://www.stthomas.edu/campusmaps/stpaul/
- UST St. Paul Campus Resources: List of helpful links to various university offices and their contact information.
- Information Resources and Technology – Student Computing: UST NetID, E-mail account setup, etc.: http://www.stthomas.edu/irt/students/
- Order for Non-Disclosure of Student Directory Information (Optional) This form is not required to register for classes and you should consider carefully the consequences of filing this order. To withhold directory information, the student must sign and return this form to the GPS office.
Mailing and contact information:
Graduate Programs in Software
University of St. Thomas
Mail Stop OSS 301
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1079