GPS Computing Resources, Labs and Classrooms
Computer Labs and Classrooms
- Research Labs 228 OSS & 229 OSS
- Tiered Classroom 313 OSS
- Object Oriented Computer Classroom 325 OSS
- Overflow Lab 326 OSS
- Main Computer Lab 327 OSS
- Web Development Lab 328 OSS
- Seminar Room 329 OSS
- Computer Classroom 333 OSS
- Projects Lab 334 OSS
Our modern computer classrooms are equipped with ceiling mounted LCD projectors, comfortable tables and chairs, and new computer systems, which we replace every 3 years. In addition to GPS department resources, our graduate students also have access to hundreds of PCs located in the undergraduate Computer Science Labs (4th floor) and in the lower level of the Library (“InfoCommons”).
The Main GPS Computer Lab, 327 OSS, is staffed during Fall and Spring Semester as follows (excluding school holidays):
Mondays – Fridays (Noon-11pm) Saturdays (8am-11pm) Sundays (10am-11pm)
Other computing resources available to our students include:
- Access to online databases via the Library’s website, at http://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/
- An electronic Blackboard site for each course ( http://blackboard.stthomas.edu)
- Personal Web Space
- 750MB of network storage per student
- An email account (Microsoft Exchange) with 250 MB of storage per student (http://mail.stthomas.edu)
- Wireless network access on campus.
- Free software, via the Microsoft Academic Alliance, Oracle Academic Initiative, IBM Scholars, et cetera.
For additional campus resources, see: http://www.stthomas.edu/irt
Information is subject to change: For the latest information on our currently available computing resources and software packages, please contact GPS Lab Manager, Tim Fremouw at firstname.lastname@example.org .