Goals and philosophy of Graduate Programs in Software:
- To provide timely continuing education opportunities in the field of software engineering, business information systems, and information technology to help students meet the dynamic organizational demands.
- To provide professional graduate education for career advancement or career change in software engineering.
- To provide professional graduate education in software development methodologies and technologies for users in education, government, marketing, business, law, medicine and manufacturing.
- To provide professional graduate education that couples theoretical knowledge with "real world" problem solving.
- To provide professional graduate education that leads the student and her/his organization into the use of current and future software technologies.
- To provide a learning environment where students become aware of the ethical, legal, moral and human issues of the Digital Age.
- To provide an environment that encourages lifelong learning.