Bonnie Holub – Honeywell Endowed Chair in Global Technology Management
Dr. Bonnie Holub ’82, has taught courses in data analytics and visualization, e-Commerce, robotics, artificial intelligence and knowledge-based systems, and computer science. She was a tenured professor at the University of St. Thomas from 1987 to 2000, and returned to the university’s Graduate Programs in Software in September 2011 where she holds the Honeywell Endowed Chair in Global Technology Management.
After leaving St. Thomas in 2000, Holub founded and led three Minnesota-based high-tech research and consulting firms: Knowledge Partners of Minnesota, Inc., Adventium Labs/Adventium Enterprises, and ArcLight Technology Consulting, where she continues to serve as president and CEO.
As holder of the Honeywell chair at St. Thomas, Holub helps to develop curriculum and serves as a liaison to business.
Center of Excellence for Big Data (CoE4BD)
Dr. Holub is a founding member of the University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in Software Center of Excellence for Big Data. Dr. Holub focuses on Data Analytics and Visualization for Business Intelligence applications with Big Data. The center tweets @Coe4BD: http://twitter.com/coe4bd .
International Technology Management
Dr. Holub recently moderated a panel at the TiE MN spring symposium "Innovation - a Global Imperative,"
(https://minnesota.tie.org/event/34/innovation-global-imperative) held at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Holub was the founding chair of Robotics Alley (http://roboticsalley.org/), a Midwest initiative with the Minnesota High Tech Association, and robotics industry leaders.
Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA)
MHTA (http://mhta.org ) an association of more than 350 technology companies and organizations fueling Minnesota’s prosperity through innovation and technology. Dr. Holub sits on the MHTA Board of Directors.
Ph.D., Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence, University of Minnesota, 1992,
M.S., Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence, University of Minnesota, 1987,
B.A., Computer Science and English, University of St. Thomas, 1982.
In her consulting practice, Dr. Holub consults with a variety of corporate clients on projects that include:
- Developing Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards
- Performing data analytics and financial reviews
- Providing business analytics and visualization reviews and evaluations to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and to monitor, implement and refine metrics
- Serving as a curator for internal Wikis (for example, in Confluence™, and SharePoint™) for Best Practices documentation, knowledge management, and corporate learning and repository sources
- Prototyping and analyzing software packages (for example, RapidMiner, Splunk, and R) for corporate applications