UST Transfer Award
The UST Transfer Award was created to recognize the academic accomplishments of transfer students who have positively contributed to their community and demonstrated academic success at the post secondary level.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants accepted for regular admission* to the University of St. Thomas as a new transfer student pursuing a first bachelor's degree will be considered.
What is the value of the UST Transfer Award?
Awards will vary based on the applicant's academic credentials and other achievements. Transfer applicants accepted for admission to the University of St. Thomas may receive $1,000 to $15,000 per year.
Awards are renewable provided the recipient:
- remains consecutively enrolled as a full-time UST student
- maintains an 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- has less than 160 total credits (total transfer plus all attempted UST credits)
- has not completed all the degree requirements for their first Bachelor's degree
How can I apply?
There is no separate application for the UST Transfer Award. All newly-admitted transfer students will be considered. The award will be based on a review of a candidate’s admission application and all supporting documentation on file at the time of admission. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recipients will be selected until UST Transfer Award funds are exhausted.
* Students admitted to St. Thomas under the condition of "accept with concern", "conduct probation" or "provisional" are not eligible to receive a UST Transfer Award. Students accepted under such conditions may still qualify to receive need-based aid from the university or federal and state governments.