Spring Break Seminar: Managing the Blended/Online Environment
Faculty Development and IRT are co-sponsoring a spring break seminar for faculty and staff on Managing the Blended/Online Environment. This web-based seminar from the Educause Learning Initiative (ELI) is intended for anyone supporting blended/online learning who is interested in discovering new ways to manage the blended/online course environment.
Topics covered in the seminar include:
- Develop specific strategies to help organize and manage the blended/online course environment
- Consider specific ways to streamline learning activities
- Explore behavioral and motivational issues that manifest themselves in theblended/ online environment and discuss solutions for managing them
- Understand the issue of plagiarism and learn how to identify and manage plagiarism when it occurs in an blended/online course
- Evaluate copyright and fair use as it applies to the blended/online environment
The team-based workshop will be presented in an interactive fashion with presentation of information interspersed with polls, discussions, and hands-on activities. Participants will leave the workshop with a “toolkit” of ideas, templates, worksheets, and approaches to manage their course.
|Date:||Monday, March 19|
|Time:||Noon - 3:00 (The seminar runs three hours but please feel free to drop in at any time during the seminar.)|
|Location:||St. Paul - O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library, room 102|
|R.S.V.P.||Lunch will be provided. Please submit an R.S.V.P. so we can plan for lunch.|