Summer Seminar Call for Proposals
Faculty are invited to submit a proposal for a faculty-led summer seminar. Proposal deadline is April 24, 2013.
Summer seminars are typically 3 – 4 days in length with a follow-up date later in the summer. Some of the summer seminar topics offered the past few years include:
- Teaching, Learning, and Assessment: Success Stories at St. Thomas (2012)
- Connecting Food and Our Curriculum (2011)
- Teaching and Reaching Millennials (2010)
- Writing Across the Curriculum (2009)
- Purple, Grey, and Green: Infusing Sustainability into the UST Curriculum (2007)
- Academic Freedom and the Catholic University (2006)
- Advancing your Scholarly Agenda (2005)
Proposals should include a concrete project for seminar participants (e.g., revised syllabus, new class assignment). Faculty will receive a stipend for leading the seminar and funds are available for seminar materials.
Submitted proposals will be available for faculty review and voting from May 1-3. The proposal receiving the top vote will be offered this summer.
Submitting a Proposal