Classroom Consulting Services & Faculty Development Fellows
Classroom Consulting is a confidential service of the Center for those who would like to talk with a consultant one-on-one about their teaching. As the consultee, you determine the nature of the process -- informal conversations, classroom visits, reading and discussion, review of course materials, a Small Group Instructional Diagnosis with your students, etc.
Are you trying something new and would like to talk about it with someone? Are you puzzled about some classroom dynamics and would like another viewpoint? Are you thinking of a change in pedagogy but would like to read about and discuss it with someone first? Do you have a class this year that is just not working? Talk with one of our Faculty Development Fellows for some ideas and possible solutions. Our Faculty Development Fellows are longtime faculty members who have been trained in a variety of consultation skills and can offer individualized counsel and observation opportunities.
This process is in no way tied to summative evaluation, mediation or grievances. Since it is a totally confidential process, consultants will not even acknowledge to anyone that they are meeting with you.
To set up a consultation, please contact Ann Johnson, Director of Faculty Development, at email@example.com or 2-6021.
Faculty Development Fellows
- Bridget Duoos, 2-5909, Health and Human Performance, AARC 206E
- Nancy Hartung, 2-5226, Biology, 358 OWS
- Patricia Hedberg, 2-4305, Management, TMH 443F
- Angela High-Pippert, 2-5725, Political Science, 405 JRC
- Sherry Jordon, 2-5328, Theology, 111 JRC
- Melissa Loe, 2-5534, Mathematics, 212 OSS
- Agapitos Papagapitos, 2-5686, Economics, 428 OEC
- Rob Riley, 2-5687, Economics, 433 OEC
- Rich Sathe, 2-5115, Accounting, MCH 362