Nonprofit Programs – Do Good, Better
Strengthening nonprofit work through academic excellence, practical application, professional networks and individual support
Our nonprofit professional development and custom programs will equip you with the tools, skills, resources and networks you need to build your business acumen and value for your organization. The University of St. Thomas – long dedicated to strengthening the nonprofit sector – offers a suite of leadership and management programs designed to increase organizational impact.
Our nonprofit program offerings include:
- Fundraising Certificate Series
- Institute for Executive Director Leadership
- Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations
- Charter School Board Training
Within these programs, we aim to:
- Lead change with authenticity, courage and skill
- Raise, manage and align funds and resources
- Develop and stabilize organizational infrastructure
- Identify and satisfy the needs of constituents
- Recruit, develop and support board members, paid staff and volunteers
- Improve accountability and planning
Center for Nonprofit Management
The University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business created the Center for Nonprofit Management to help nonprofits successfully advance their missions.
Every nonprofit organization experiences critical junctures in development. We can tailor capacity-building programs to address specific strategic goals and desired outcomes in the areas of:
- Board identity, development and evolution
- Board governance – for small, midsize to large organizations
- Use of new strategy models for innovating and planning
- Executive director and staff leadership development
- Infrastructure development
- Fundraising/fund development
There are three ways to register:
- Register and pay online.
- Register online and pay with a check or PO by mail.
- Fill out a paper (PDF) registration form and mail your payment and registration.
To register online, click on the Register button next to the session you would like to attend. This will take you to the online registration page for that particular session. Once you've filled out the registration page, you'll be directed to online payment.
To register by mail, print out the PDF registration form, fill it out and mail the form with your check or PO payment to the address on the form.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
The full fee or approved purchase order is due at the time of registration. Registration cannot be processed if payment is not enclosed. Call (651) 962-4600 for information. Substitutions or transfers can be made up to the day of the program.
If you need to cancel, please call our office at least five working days before the beginning of the program to avoid a 10 percent processing fee.
Cancellations made after the program begins are subject to the full fee. Additional registration materials, maps to the location, etc. will be sent to you after we receive your registration.