Mini Master of Project Management
Become a valued project manager in any industry
A successful project manager is an expert at planning, organizing, and managing resources in order to successfully complete a specific project or objective. Every project within an organization is unique in some way, however the fundamental skills that project managers need in order to meet goals are the same across the board.
The Mini Master of Project Management teaches the skills you need to handle common issues faced by project managers such as:
- Understanding and implementing the 12 “must-know” topics in project management as determined by the PMI’s PMBOK® Guide
- Moving a project through each phase of its lifecycle while meeting all organizational objectives
- Leading your project team confidently and efficiently
- Managing project time, budget, and risk
Gain the tools you need to succeed in your career
This Mini Master of Project Management program is an introduction to the project management processes. Professionals at any level who manage projects will benefit from the methods presented in this program, which can be applied to many sectors, including service, production, information, education, medical, and religious.
Specific topics covered include:
- Project initiation
- Project requirements
- Project scope
- Project leadership
- Risk management
- Time management
- Project assessment
- Decision-making and change control
- Systems thinking
- Project costing
- Closing out a project
If you are looking for help in studying for the PMI PMP® Exam, it may be a better fit for you to take the Project Management PREP program. You will receive the 35 contact hours to fulfill the educational requirements needed to sit for the exam; however, we do not cover all the topics in the Fifth Edition PMBOK® Guide.
Learn the project process from start to finish
This program is the perfect introduction into project management and is ideal for those new to the processes. Whether you are just starting out in your career or are a seasoned professional looking to polish up your skills, the Mini Master of Project Management will benefit you.
Participant titles/job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- IT Analyst
- Account Manager
- Business Consultant
- Technology Manager
- Sales Specialist
- Process Analyst
- Quality improvement Specialist
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Marketing Communications Managers
- Brand Managers
- Strategic Planners
- Anyone looking to change careers or enhance their existing skillset
Gain insights into agile principles from an experienced and PMI certified instructor
Our instructors are known for their real-world experience as well as their expertise in developing educational opportunities for adult learners.
Wayne Kaul, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP
Wayne Kaul is an adjunct faculty member within the Executive Education Department of the Opus College of Business at the University of St. Thomas. He draws on more than 35 years of experience in corporate leadership, systems development, project management, education, and consulting.
Kaul's professional experience includes positions in engineering, research & development, and information technology. He has expertise in planning, managing and directing global IT projects, as well as IT financial management and vendor management practices. He holds two United States patent awards as a result of his work in engineering and product development.
His experience as an instructor/lecturer includes courses in project management, operations management, Lean Six Sigma, strategic management and business policy. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and an Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) through the internationally-recognized Project Management Institute.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose the Mini Master of Project Management?
- Gain a thorough understanding of the PMBOK® Guide. Spend five days diving into the fundamentals of Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge Guide.
- Learn how to apply project management in various areas of the business. Walk away with the ability to apply project management techniques in real life situations no matter what your current role is in your organization.
- Drive project success. You’ll return to work with the skills needed to improve project success and drive innovation. These skills are discussed and practiced in the classroom environment and can be applied to your projects immediately.
- Take steps toward PMP® designation. Earn 35 contact hours of REP (Registered Education Provider) training required for PMP® designation through the Project Management Institute.
- Earn PDU credits to maintain PMI® certifications. Already hold the PMP® or other PMI® credentials? Earn 35 PDUs through this program.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
PMI® Certification Holders or Seekers:
- This program has been approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) for the 35 contact hours required to sit for the PMP® exam. 35 Hours of training is required to sit for the PMP® exam.
- If you currently hold a PMI certification, this program counts as 35 PDUs for maintaining your credentials.
PMI® and PMP® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.