Data Driven Marketing
Make better decisions with marketing data
Marketing efforts often have a high price tag. How do you measure whether your results justify this investment?
Learn the ins and outs of marketing data measurement:
- The terminology
- How to use the tools and what is available
- Analyze and report on the data
- Decide whether your tactic “worked”
This program is packed full of resources and information about how to build a successful digital marketing strategy. Learn from an early adopter and experienced user of Google Analytics.
Module 1: Web Analytics Technology and Terminology
Bounce rate, sessions, users, tracking codes, cookies, page views...do these terms cause confusion when looking at your web analytics? Or, do these terms sound foreign to you? If so, no fear. That’s why you should join us. Explore the terminology used by Google Analytics and similar tools.
Module 2: Digital Measurement Model
What do you want to measure? Learn how a well-designed model can help:
- Define your objectives
- Develop an action plan
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs)
Module 4: Deep Dive into Google Analytics
In order to measure your results, you need to understand the tools. With around 80% of the market share, Google Analytics is one of the most widely used analytics tools out there. It is also free and very powerful. Dig into how to use Google Analytics to:
- Understand what is and is not working
- Gain new insight into your audience
- Tell your customer story
- Forecast future results
- Build a case with data for further investment of marketing dollars
Module 5: Optimization and Visualization
You’ve set your goals. You can measure results. Now learn how to improve and explain your work.
- Conversion Rate Optimization: what does it mean and how to use it
- Use the right visuals to tell the story of your data
Module 6: Marketing Attribution
As a marketer you know your customers can interact with your brand multiple times before buying. Google Analytics can help measure each touch-point, but how do you put it all together?
- Explore different models used to understand the full user journey
- Discuss the pros and cons of each model
- Discover which model works best for your business
Module 7: Understanding Your Customer with User Testing
Whether you are building a new website or testing new features, understanding how your customer is interacting with your site is important.
- What can be tested?
- How and when to do user testing
- Tools for user testing and where to find more information
Module 8: Data Storytelling
You’ve created a plan. You’ve measured effectiveness. You’ve continued to optimize. How do you get buy-in from the decision makers at your company to continue to invest in your plan? Learn ways to put all of this information together in an effective story.
This program is ideal for experienced marketers looking to increase their understanding and know-how around marketing measurement.
Looking to move into a digital marketing role or looking to better understand digital marketing? Consider completing Digital Marketing Fundamentals prior to this program.
You would benefit from this program if your job includes:
- content marketing
- CRM management
- customer insights
- email marketing
- lead generation
- market research
- marketing channel strategy
- marketing optimization
- marketing strategy
- marketing tactical planning
- measurement strategies
- media mix optimization
- media planning
- mobile marketing
- search marketing
- social media marketing
- website optimization
- any role that could benefit from additional data around marketing goals
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Jeff Sauer is President of Jeffalytics and co-founder of technology upstart Free World Traveler. He is an expert in WordPress, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and SEO, and has shared his passion for and knowledge of the world of Internet Marketing through classes and speaking engagements locally and nationally.
Sauer previously worked with Three Deep Marketing, overseeing the Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click, and Web Analytics teams, while also maintaining responsibility for innovation of new products and services. During his tenure, Three Deep grew by 500% to $6 million in revenues, was named to the Inc 5000 list for several consecutive years, and won numerous awards by delivering results for clients and providing an excellent work environment to employees.
Jeff holds a B.A. in Computer Information Systems and serves on the board of directors for the Minnesota Search Marketing Association (MnSearch) and the Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association (MIMA). In 2012 he was named the CIO of the Year in Minneapolis/St. Paul for emerging companies.
“I was most surprised by how much is out there to dissect the data. Jeff is extremely well versed in the digital space, tools, and analytics.”
Promo Analyst Company: Gander Mountain
"I found great value in understanding measurements and Analytics to see the effectiveness and to learn and adjust. Google Analytics in particular is a super cool tool. I like the program and would highly recommend it to everyone who is in Digital Marketing. Excellent content and instructor!"
Marketing Data Analysis Past Participant
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why choose Data Driven Marketing?
- Gain customer insights. Marketing your product or service revolves around understanding your customers. Learn how to use tools to understand what they are looking for and what information is helpful (or harmful) in reaching your business goals.
- Measure the effectiveness of your marketing tactics. Learn how to use customer insights data to help decide which marketing tactics to continue or add to your promotional strategy.
- Plan your marketing strategy with data insights. With consumer insights and data, plan the right marketing mix to reach your business goals. Use this information to aid in justifying your plan with stakeholders.
- Understand Google Analytics. Learn how to use the most popular source of digital analytics data. Not only what the data means but how each data point is collected.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program. Completing Digital Marketing Fundamentals prior to this program is recommended for those who do not have prior experience in digital marketing.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.