Physician Leadership College
Become a confident, effective and influential leader who strives for better patient care
Watch a five-minute introduction to Physician Leadership College (PLC)
Today’s health care sector is rapidly evolving and organizations need competent and confident leaders to take on positions of greater influence and authority within their organizations.
Physician Leadership College (PLC) utilizes a dynamic curriculum with a participatory approach to ensure the right mix of skills and knowledge-based education that will enhance the leadership abilities of each participant.
This program will help physicians who want to become more:
- Influential in motivating and inspiring others, managing and resolving conflicts and working with administration
- Effective in creating best practices, as well as improving health care outcomes, employee performance and financial results
- Confident in their ability to step up to new leadership opportunities and find creative solutions to challenges
- Respected by administrators, peers and direct reports because of the confident, principled and ethical ways they approach leadership
Sponsoring health care organizations see many benefits when their physicians complete this program. Our graduates:
- Improve organizational service, quality and financial performance
- Develop personal loyalty to the organization, improving physician retention and recruitment
- Spearhead new initiatives
- Collaborate with business leaders and clinical groups
- Effectively carry out leadership roles and responsibilities
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) through the joint providership of Hennepin County Medical Center and University of St. Thomas. Hennepin County Medical Center is accredited by the MMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hennepin County Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The application deadline for the Physician Leadership College is July 15, 2016. After acceptance into PLC, a participant may:
- Withdraw with written notice submitted to St. Thomas prior to August 12, 2016. A $1,000 administrative fee will be charged.
- Defer attendance for one year with written notice submitted to St. Thomas prior to August 12, 2016. A $1,000 deferral fee will be charged and applied to the applicant’s 2017 PLC program fee.
- Transfer his/her seat to another physician with written notice submitted to St. Thomas prior to August 12, 2016. Transfers may be granted pending availability and application acceptance. No transfer fee will be charged.
No withdrawal, deferral or transfer request will be possible after August 12, 2016.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
The full fee or approved purchase order is due at the time of registration. Registration cannot be processed if payment is not enclosed. Call (651) 962-4600 for information. Substitutions or transfers can be made up to the day of the program.
If you need to cancel, please call our office at least five working days before the beginning of the program to avoid a 10 percent processing fee.
Cancellations made after the program begins are subject to the full fee. Additional registration materials, maps to the location, etc. will be sent to you after we receive your registration.