Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations
Equip yourself to lead a nonprofit successfully and sustainably
Successfully leading a nonprofit organization requires a special skillset unique to the sector. The Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program instills a deep understanding of the realities, challenges and opportunities and how you can prepare to make those tough decisions.
As a leader in a nonprofit organization, challenges you face include:
- Understanding the issues and business practices most crucial to nonprofit work
- Ensuring compliance in matters related to the nonprofit corporation act, including federal income tax exemption, unrelated business taxes, charitable contributions and others
- Developing an action plan and framework for growing and sustaining your organization.
- Mitigating the benefits and limitations of the unique process of strategic planning.
Spring Dates Being Finalized
We are working on finalizing our spring session offerings. To be notified of new dates, please fill out a Request for Information on the right-hand side of the page (or at the bottom on a mobile device). If you have preferences on evening or day-time offerings, please specify in the question box. Thank you for your patience!
Tackle real-world challenges with confidence and ease
This Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program provides a solid foundation of skills, tools and knowledge you will need to be successful in the nonprofit sector. Strengthen your leadership skills in addition to developing a body of knowledge on the topics below:
- Employment law
- Financial management
- Financial sustainability
- Leadership fundamentals
- Legal Issues
- Program evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Volunteer management
The Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations program is designed to meet the needs of nonprofit professionals in all stages of their careers. If you are currently working, leading or interested in joining a nonprofit organization, this program is for you.
Participant titles/job functions may include but are not limited to:
- Executive Director
- Volunteer Manager
- Agency/Department Head
- City Manager
- Development/Foundation Director
- Program Director
- Annual Giving Director
- Community Relations Director
- Emergency Management Director
- Compliance Director
- Fundraising Director/Manager
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
- Larry Bourgerie
- Rick Cunningham
- Mo Fahnestock
- Gino Giovannelli
- Gary Kelsey
- Audrey Kintzi
- Mary McEathron
- Katherina Pattit
- Pat Plunkett
- Tom Triplett
- Terry Straub
- Patty Wilder
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Mini MBA for Nonprofits Organizations?
- Apply these skills immediately. Learn applicable skills and knowledge that will propel your nonprofit organization in the right direction as soon as the next day.
- Prepare for the needs of the nonprofit sector. Nonprofit organizations must adhere to different regulations than the private sector. With an understanding of how to follow these regulations, your nonprofit can adapt to the changing climate and sustainably grow.
- Enhance your leadership presence. You’ll return to work with the confidence needed to lead your nonprofit organization. Impress your colleagues with your knowledge of key business areas and insight.
- Learn from experienced instructors. All instructors in this program have a solid background in nonprofit management. Hear their experience in the nonprofit sector and how you can benefit from their real life examples.
- Take Steps Toward CFRE Designation. The Mini MBA for Nonprofit Organizations is approved to provide 43 hours of continuing education with the Certified Fundraising Executive Program (CFRE). Becoming a Certified Fundraising Executive is a multi-step process. For complete information on the requirements to earn this certification, please visit the CFRE website.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.