Students admitted to the Excel! Research Scholars Program receive numerous benefits. The following benefits are provided to each student and are contingent upon the student's successful completion of all program benchmarks and assignments. Failure to complete any portion of the program requirements may decrease or cancel a student's remaining benefits.
Excel! Research Scholars will:
1. Receive free housing and a meal stipend on campus during the eight-week summer program,
2. Earn $3,500 in a merit stipend throughout the summer and fall,
3. Receive up to $1,000 reimbursement to visit potential graduate schools,
4. Receive academic counseling,
5. Receive dedicated writing tutoring and support,
6. Have networking opportunities with faculty and key graduate professionals,
7. Receive application fee waivers to graduate school programs that participate.