All graduate English classes are offered once a week (Monday through Thursday) from 6-9pm. The program does not offer any online courses at this time.
The Master of Arts in English program consists of ten three-credit courses--five required and five electives.
Five required courses:
• Issues in Criticism (GENG 513)
• Master's Essay (GENG 699)
• One course in pre-1830 British literature
• One course in pre-1900 American literature
• One course in multicultural literature
Students may choose from a selection of elective courses, including designing up to two their own Independent Studies. Effort is made to offer both required courses and electives each semester.
Course Level Requirement
Of the ten courses required, at least two must be 600-level seminar courses (3 credits each). This does not include GENG 698 Independent Study or the GENG 699 Master's Essay courses.