STEPS Camp at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
STEPS Camp Video
View a video of summer camp activities produced by UST with narration by Dave Nimmer.
2014 STEPS Camp
- The Science Technology & Engineering Preview Summer Camp for Girls (STEPS) completing 6th grade in spring 2014 and entering 7th grade in fall 2014 will have 5 one-week sessions in 2014.
- Campers will be selected by lottery. Sorry, we will not be able to accommodate week preferences or roommate requests. We will notify you the first week of May.
- Please provide on the application a working email that you check frequently.
- Applications are not yet open for 2014.
- Sunday, June 29 - Thursday, July 3, 2014
- Sunday, July 6 - Thursday, July 10, 2014
- Sunday, July 13 - Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Sunday, July 20 - Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Sunday, July 27 - Thursday, July 31, 2014
- The Advanced STEPS camp - two one-week sessions for girls completing 8th grade in spring 2014 and entering 9th grade in fall 2014. Girls must have attended the 6th grade camp to be eligible for the Advanced STEPS camp.
- For those who attended STEPS Camp 2012, watch for a postcard in January 2014 for registration instructions.
- Sunday, June 15 - Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Sunday, June 22 - Thursday, June 26, 2014
WHAT IS STEPS?
- An opportunity for girls to learn more about what engineers do:
Outstanding instructors with extensive backgrounds in engineering, technology and science, teach the workshops
- A one-week introduction to the world of technology and engineering.
- A camping experience at the St. Paul Campus of the University of St. Thomas
- A hands-on experience with high-tech equipment and processes
STEPS camper adjusts the airplane made for the STEPS program.
Include manufacturing and flying a radio controlled airplane.
Students explore science and engineering topics such as physics, chemistry and team building.
See: 2013 Weekly Camp Schedule (.pdf) or
2013 Advanced Camp Weekly Schedule (.pdf)
There is time for fun!
The camp schedules a number of activities that may include swimming, pizza parties and karaoke. Participants experience dorm life, cafeteria food and learn what it is like to be on a college campus.
For more information, contact:
Links to Related Pages
Revised: Dec. 6, 2013