Medical Device Development
The University of St. Thomas Graduate Programs in Engineering and Technology Management offers a Medical Device Development Certificate designed to meet the needs of this rapidly growing industry. A committee of medical industry professionals and UST faculty developed the curriculum to support the unique needs of people currently working in or just beginning a career in this industry. As with any rapidly growing industry, applied education that can be put to use immediately is extremely important. The Medical Device Development Certificate offers applied education in the common areas of medical device development and manufacture.
Who should Consider the Medical Device Development Certificate:
Certificate programs are for the degreed individual who wishes to obtain knowledge in an area but doesn't wish to pursue a degree at this time.
- Professionals taking a new assignment or position
- Professionals who want to upgrade skills
- Managers who want to know more about the multidisciplinary teams they manage
- Team members who want to understand the scope of the projects they are working on
- Suppliers of materials to the medical device industry
The certificate program consists of six courses:
- ETLS 520 Design Manufacturing in the Medical Device Industry
ETLS 601 Program/Project/Team Management
- ETLS 721 Medical Device Regulatory Submissions
- ETLS 722 Medical Device Quality Systems
- ETLS 724 Medical device Clinical Studies
- ETLS 550 Leveraging Leadership for a Lifetime (1 Credit)
- Select one of the following:
- ETLS 720 Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Devices
- ETLS 730 Cardiovascular Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Devices
- ETLS 731 Combo Products, Drugs and Biologics
- ETLS 737 International Regulatory Affairs for Medical Devices
See also the current Certificate Programs Catalog.
- Complete an Application Form with one-time non-refundable $30.00 application fee
- Submit a resume outlining educational background, work experience and professional affiliations
- Supply of your transcript showing degree or a copy of the diploma.
See our on-line forms index to print out an application form. A current class schedule is available as a link on our Courses and Registration Homepage.
Complete our Online Information Request Form
for further information or to request that an application be sent.
Other Options Available:
A student may take the certificate program first and then pursue a Master's degree. The student can use the six courses taken as part of the certificate program toward the Master's degree.
Courses can also be taken individually for professional development. Courses will earn graduate transcript credit.