Registration Instructions - Graduate Engineering
If you a returning student who has not taken a class for more than one year, you need to contact Joyce Taylor to have your account returned to an Active Status; Joyce can be reached at 651-962-5756 or email@example.com; be sure to include your UST ID in the email correspondence!.
Step-by Step How-to Register:
- Register online via the St. Thomas Murphy and Classfinder SystemsContact Joyce Taylor at 651-962-5756 if you need assistance.
- Assemble the CRN numbers for the classes you wish to take from ClassFinder . Select the Term and then click Engineering under Grad Subject Areas.
- Select MURPHY for Students & Faculty on the dropdown menu
- Log into Murphy Online using your UST ID (100xxxxxx) and PIN
- Select Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Select Term that you are registering for.
- Add or Drop Class
- Enter the CRN of the classes you wish to register for and submit
- If the class you want to take is full, it is important to get on the waitlist. Once on the waitlist, you will be notified if an opening becomes available; it is important to respond quickly to this notification so you do not miss the opportunity for the class.
Other Details in the Registration Process:
- Contact your advisor if you need assistance choosing a course.
- Hold on your record? Contact the Business Office at 651-962-6600 for any financial related hold, or Joyce Taylor at 651-962-5756 if you are unsure who placed the hold on your record.
- Check the prerequisites for all courses. Make sure you have satisfied any prerequisite listed in the schedule for each course you choose. You will not be able to register for the course if you have not satisfied the prerequisites. If you have met the prerequisite by experience or some other means, please contact your advisor for a waiver.
- Class full? It is best to put yourself on the waitlist; that is the only way you will be able to ensure your spot in the “waitlist line”.
Important Information about canceling a class:
In the event you must cancel a class, it is important to be aware of the Refund Schedule since refunds are issued on a declining scale. If you have any questions, contact Joyce Taylor at 651-962-5756. All requests to cancel a class after the semester has started must be submitted via email to Joyce Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org . The date of the email will mark the effective date of cancellation. Refund Schedule.