Foursquare at the St. Thomas Booth
This year we’re connecting with the state fair community through the social media application, Foursquare. Foursquare is a free application for mobile Internet-enabled devices, and connects you to events, activities and your friends based on your current location.
Fair-goers can "check in" at the St. Thomas booth using Foursquare, and become entered to win a daily prize of a specially-designed T-shirt and a grand prize of a Kindle Fire.
How booth visitors can participate:
- You will need access to a mobile device that is connected to the Internet.
- Sign into or create your Foursquare account.
- Search for the University of St. Thomas Foursquare page ("University of St. Thomas booth").
- When you visit the booth in the Education Building on Cosgrove Ave., "check-in" to St. Thomas and leave a tip. You are now entered into both the daily drawing and the grand prize drawing!
- For an extra per-day entry, upload a picture of you and your fair buddy, anyone (not staffing the booth) wearing a St. Thomas t-shirt at the fair, or one of our iconic purple bags being put to good use.
- Limit of two entries (check ins) per day during the fair.
Each day during the fair at 9 p.m., University Relations will randomly choose a t-shirt winner from the day’s entries. The Foursquare user name of the winner will be communicated through the university’s Twitter feed and Facebook page. Winners will be contacted through their Foursquare account, and asked for their t-shirt size, names and addresses for shipping (winners are also welcome to come to campus to pick up their prizes).
The grand prize winner will be randomly chosen at 9 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 3 from all the entries collected during the fair. Again, the winner’s Foursquare user name will be communicated through the university’s Twitter feed and Facebook page and contacted directly through Foursquare.
Prizes will be sent out approximately four-six weeks after the last day of the fair.
University of St. Thomas faculty, staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.