Lambda Pi Eta (LPH)
Would you like to graduate with honors in your discipline? The Communication and Journalism Department is a chapter member of LAMBDA PI ETA, the National Communication Honor Society.* The Society’s Greek letters — ΛΠΗ — represent Aristotle’s standards for persuasion: Logos, Pathos, and Ethos. All majors who meet the criteria below are invited to apply for membership:
- A declared Communication and Journalism major
- Have completed 60 semester hours of earned credits
- Have completed 16 semester hours of Communication and Journalism courses (minimum of 8 credits taken here at UST)
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 for all courses taken
- A cumulative GPA of 3.50 in Communication and Journalism courses
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Exhibit high standards of personal and professional character
- Communication and Journalism experience (e.g., member of organizations such as Tommie Media, Ad Fed, PRSSA, KUST Radio; presented research at an academic conference such as the UST Undergraduate Communication Research Conference; substantial community and/or campus involvement)
All initiates receive an honors cord for graduation, a certificate and a lapel pin. The application deadline for fall semester 2015 is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6. The application deadline for spring semester 2016 is FRIDAY, MARCH 11. No late applications are accepted.
If you meet the criteria above and wish to join, submit these materials to Prof. Michael O'Donnell, LPH Chapter Advisor, Mail 5013: a letter outlining how you meet the qualifications; your anticipated graduation date; your resume; and, your unofficial UST transcript. Include your e-mail address and campus mail number. A faculty committee will vote on membership. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted regarding payment of $45.00 dues and the initiation ceremony, which will take place at the COJO senior graduation reception.
For further information, contact Prof. O'Donnell at email@example.com.
* The UST Beta Chi chapter of Lambda Pi Eta is a non-profit organization. No rushing or social pressure shall be used to ensure membership. Selection for membership shall be made without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, physical disabilities, physical qualities, or age.