Click here to learn about the following:
COMPLETING INTERNSHIPS FOR CREDIT
All students who wish to complete an internship for academic credit must follow university policy as outlined in the experiential learning materials available at the Registrar's Office web site. Click on http://www.stthomas.edu/registrar, and navigate to the student forms section to find the experiential learning/internship forms.
When you and your academic supervisor have prepared the registrar's form, using the COJO expectations, bring the completed paperwork to the department chair for signature.
ENROLLING IN COJO 480
COJO 480: Communication Ethics Capstone Seminar
Seniors need a permission slip to enroll in COJO 480 Communication Ethics. Because it is a capstone seminar, you may not enroll in the course until your last semester before graduation. One section of COJO 480 is being offered in the Fall 2015 and five sections in the Spring 2016. Students who are graduating in December 2015 or May 2016 are eligible to enroll in this course. To secure a permission slip, see Dr. Wyatt, who will review your degree evaluation and issue a permission slip for the course. Call 651-962-5250, email email@example.com or stop by COJO office in OEC 119 to schedule a meeting with Dr. Wyatt.
When planning for upper-level and once-per-year courses, please keep in mind the following.
Many of our courses are available every semester, but some are offered just once a year or every other year. Below is a schedule for the upcoming year(s).
In 2015-2016, we will offer the following courses only in the fall semester:
- COJO 220 Interpersonal Communication
- COJO 232 Visual Communication
- COJO 251 Multimedia Reporting
- COJO 332 Documentary in American Culture
- COJO 336 Media Law
- COJO 350 Magazine Writing
- COJO 366 Persuasion
In 2015-2016, we expect to offer the following courses only in the spring semester:
- COJO 213 Mass Communication Research
- COJO 320 Organizational Communication
- COJO 340 Television Criticism
- COJO 451 Advanced Multimedia
- COJO 456 Graphic Design Studio
We do not expect to offer the following courses in 2015-2016:
- COJO 230 Foundations in Media and Society
- COJO 262 Radio Production
- COJO 264 Media Communication Skills
- COJO 272 Advertising Media and Connections Planning
- COJO 276 Argumentation and Advocacy
- COJO 326 Modern American Rhetoric
- COJO 432 Media Structure and Power