ASQ Certified Quality Engineering, No. 36921, ASQC, June 1997.
Ph.D. 1991, Statistics, Purdue University
M.S. 1989, Mathematical Statistics, Purdue University
M.S. 1985, Decision Making, State of Mexico University
M.B.A. 1983, State of Mexico University
M.S. 1982, Statistics, Social Security Studies Center
M.S. 1982, Actuarial Sciences, Social Security Studies Center
B.S. 1977, Business Administration, State of Mexico University
At St. Thomas since 1998
Areas of research:
• Expert System: The Virtual Statistician
• How to teach introductory statistics
• Problem based learning and the teaching of statistics
• Basic Statistical Problem Solver
• Statistical applications in general
• Statistics in pricing and valuing financial derivatives
• Finding new ways of measuring volatility in energy markets
• Sampling and surveys technically supported.
• Quality Control: Shewhart control charts with flexible producer’s and consumer’s risks.