- B.S. Chemistry 1988 University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Ph. D. Analytical Chemistry 1993 Indiana University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Los Alamos National Laboratory 1994-1996
Analytical Chemistry. Instrumental Development, Environmental and Biomedical Applications in the Areas of High Speed Chromatographic Measurements, Rapid Extractions, Mass Spectrometry, and other Selective Detectors.
- “Analysis and monitoring of volatile analytes from aqueous solutions by extractions into the gas phase using microdialysis membranes and coupling to fast GC” Melissa A. Jones, Ashley Kramer, Matthew Humbert, Tyler Vanadurongvan, Jonathan Maurer, Michael T. Bowser, and Anthony J. Borgerding Analytical Chemistry, 2008, 80, 123-128.
- "Selective Detection of Volatile Aromatic Compounds Using a Novel Laser Ionization Detector with Fast Gas Chromatography" Melissa J. Meyer, Gregg M. Schieffer, Eric K. Moeker, Jeremy J. Brodersen, Orven F. Swenson, and Anthony J. Borgerding, Analytical Chemistry, 2004, 76, 1702-1707.
- "Evaluation of the Pulsed Discharge Helium Ionization Detector (PDHID) for the Analysis of Hydrogen and Methane in Breath" Mark T. Roberge, John W. Finley, Henry C. Lukaski, and Anthony J. Borgerding. Journal of Chromatography A, 2004, 1027, 19-23.
Borgerding Group Presentations
List of Nobel Prize Winners in Chemistry
Minnesota Academy of Science
Minnesota Chromatography Forum