September 25, October 16, November 6 and December 4
Do you want your family to be more organized in its decision-making? Do stakeholders share the same company and family values? Are you preparing to pass the company to a new generation?
The Ownership Academy: Family Business Governance four-session course will prepare your family to take the next step forward, as individuals and together as a business and family.
Family Business Governance is for families who want a streamlined process for decision-making and governance. Lessons learned are especially beneficial to families preparing for succession within the next 10 years. Your family will leave the class with an understanding of the following:
- How to hold effective family meetings
- What your family wants from the business
- Family and business mission, vision and values
- Family and business history
With these building blocks, your family business will have a structure and protocol in place for dealing with common issues unique to business families: conflict among family members, ownership shares and workplace responsibilities.
Exercises, assessments, classroom discussion and between-class family meetings help build a strong foundation for succession by giving you tools for:
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Understanding of who will be owners, owner control and over sight
- Family councils and meetings
- Utilizing and developing your network
- Working effectively with advisers and a family business board
- Annual planning calendar
Family businesses must respond to challenges other companies don’t face. Make sure you’re ready to tackle these challenges head on, so the company can stay in the family for years to come.
Cost: $3,850 per family, including all materials
Meets from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on the following Fridays:
Friday, September 25, 9:00 a.m.
University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
1000 LaSalle Ave
University of St. Thomas Minneapolis Campus
Minneapolis, MN 55403