1. Go to http://stthomas.tk20.com.
2. Use the same username and password you use for Blackboard and your UST email.
Note: If you do not know your username or password, please contact IRT at 651-962-6230 or email@example.com.
You are required to submit select assignments through Tk20. Please refer to the course syllabus or ask your instructor for the list of assignments that are to be completed in Tk20. Assignments submitted through the system will be scored in Tk20 by the course instructor.
1. There are two ways to access your assignment in Tk20.
2. Click the “Artifact Wizard” icon on the right of your screen. Choose one of three options to create a new artifact or attach an existing one.
Note: Unless the artifact is already in Tk20, most of the time you will be choosing the “Create a new artifact” option.
3. If there is a template built for the assignment, fill out the assignment in Tk20. Otherwise, to upload a document, click "Browse" to navigate to a document on your computer, then title the document, type in description.
Note: If you are simply uploading a document, select "File" in the drop-down menu as your artifact type. Not all assignments will prompt you to choose an artifact type in a drop-down menu.
4. Click “Save Draft” to save a draft of the assignment to work on later.
Note: The “Submit” button will submit the assignment for assessment. The "Next" button will save this artifact and allow you to attach additional artifacts. The "Discard Changes" button will exit you from this assignment without saving your work.
Did you submit your assignment by mistake or did you include the wrong document? Once you click “Submit”, the assignment will be locked and you will be unable to make any changes. As long as your assignment hasn’t yet been assessed by the instructor (status: Assessment Pending), you can recall the assignment following these steps:
1. Click the “Courses” tab at the top of the page.
2. Click “Assignments” on the left-hand side.
3. Check the box next to the assignment you want to recall.
4. Click the “Recall” button. A red flag will appear next to the assignment title, meaning the assignment is open for editing. Once you’ve recalled the assignment, you can edit the artifact in the assignment through the “Artifacts” tab.
Note: Don't forget to re-submit the assignment after you've completed all the changes. To do so, go through the same steps of completing an assignment, but select the "Use an existing artifact" option rather than the “Create a new artifact” option.
You can view the assessment status of the assignment by clicking on the “Courses” tab and then clicking “Assignments” on the left-hand side. In the Status column, if it displays Assessment Pending your instructor has not yet scored your assignment. If it displays Assessment Complete, your instructor has scored the assignment and you can view the assessment by following these steps:
1. Click on the assignment.
2. Click the “Assessments” sub-tab.
3. Click the link for the appropriate rubric.
1. Log in and select the "Applications" tab.
2. To create a new application, select Create from the side menu on the left. All available applications will appear in the dropdown menu.
3. Select the application you wish to complete.
Note: If you do not see the application you need, the application period may not have started or may already be over.
4. Complete the application form. At the top and bottom of the page, you will see options to Save Draft, Submit or Discard Changes.
Note: You can save the application and return to it at a later time. It can be edited until the submission deadline. You can also recall an application after you have submitted it prior to the submission deadline.
5. To edit the application, select Recall, make your changes, and Submit the application again.
In Tk20, the term “field experience” includes clinical practice. You can follow the steps below to complete the artifacts in your binder.
1. In Tk20 home page, click on the appropriate link in the “Pending Tasks” area. This will open up a new page with sub-tabs display across the top. The sub-tabs organize and contain different pieces of the field experience binder.
2. Click the “Artifact Wizard” icon on the right of your screen. If you are completing the teacher candidate assessment, click the “Teacher Candidate” sub-tab.
3. Click “Click here to Attach” under column header Title to attach an artifact. A dialogue box will appear.
4. Depending on your needs, there are two paths to move on with:
5. Continue the same steps 3-4 for other documents you want to attach.
6. Click “Save Draft” to save a draft of the binder to work on later.
Note: Click “Submit” only when your portfolio is complete and ready to be assessed. Your attached artifacts will be gone, if you exit this screen without pressing the “Save Draft” button.
1. Click the “Portfolios” tab. A list of portfolio(s) you are required to submit will appear.
2. Click on the portfolio link you'd like to work on. This leads to the portfolio contents with sub-tabs display across the top. The sub-tabs organize and contain different pieces of the portfolio.
Note: The first sub-tab contains basic information on the name and description of the portfolio. The Assessment sub-tab has score information for this portfolio. The Standards, Extensions, and Feedback tabs are Tk20 built-in settings and are generally not used.
3. To attach an artifact to your portfolio, you can:
4. Click “Click here to Attach” under column header Title to attach an artifact. A dialogue box will appear.
5. Depending on your needs, there are two paths to move on with:
6. Continue the same steps 4-5 for other documents you want to attach.
7. Click “Save” to save a draft of the portfolio to work on later.
Note: Click “Submit” only when your portfolio is complete and ready to be assessed. Your attached artifacts will be gone, if you exit this screen without pressing the “Save” button.
Did you submit your portfolio by mistake or did you include the wrong document? Once you click “Submit”, the portfolio will be locked for editing. As long as it hasn’t yet been assessed by the instructor (status: Review in Progress), you can recall the portfolio following these steps:
1. Click the “Portfolios” tab.
2. Select the check box next to the portfolio you want to recall.
3. Click the “Recall” button.
Note: This will change the status of the portfolio from Review in Progress to Open for Editing. You can now edit the portfolio and re-submit it for assessment.
If you want to modify an artifact and haven't submitted the portfolio, the best way to make changes is to do so through the Artifacts tab.
1. Click the “Artifacts” tab.
2. Click on the name of the artifact you want to edit.
Note: If you notice a golden lock icon next to the artifact, it means the portfolio is locked. You'd need to recall the portfolio before making any changes. Click here for instructions.
3. If you want to edit the Title or Description, you can do it from the first sub-tab. Otherwise, click on the "Documents" sub-tab to add or delete any files within the artifact.
4. To add a file, click the “add new” button. To delete a file, select the check box next to the file you want to delete and click the “delete” button.
5. When you are done editing the artifact, click the “Save” button.
Note: Any changes you made in the artifact will automatically show up in your portfolio.