Mark Salisbury, Ph.D
Mark Salisbury is the Dean of the College of Education, Leadership, and Counseling at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Mark has a Master’s Degree in computer and information science and a Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from the University of Oregon. He also holds a Master of Arts in teaching economics from Western Oregon University.
After completing his graduate studies, he worked for eleven years at The Boeing Company on designing software to improve human performance.
When he left Boeing, Mark founded Vitel, Inc. a knowledge management solution provider that developed knowledge management systems for the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and the national laboratories.
Mark was a professor for seventeen years and the Director for ten years in the Organizational Learning and Instructional Technology Program at the University of New Mexico where he taught graduate courses and conducted research in the area of knowledge management.
- Salisbury, M. (2014). “Embedding Learning within the Processes of Organizations,” International Journal of Knowledge-Based Organizations.
- Salisbury, M. (2011). A Framework for Managing the Life Cycle of Knowledge in Global Organizations. In Jennex, M. E. (Ed.), Global Aspects and Cultural Perspectives on Knowledge Management: Emerging Dimensions. (pp. 64-80). doi:10.4018/978-1-60960-555-1.ch005
- Salisbury, M. (2010). “A Framework for Managing the Life Cycle of Knowledge in Organizations.” In Management Association, USA, I. (Ed.), Information Resources Management: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools and Applications. (pp. 296-312). doi:10.4018/978-1-61520-965-1.ch208
- Salisbury, M. (2010). “Creating an Innovative Learning University,” Innovative and International Issues in Higher Education, University of Guadalajara Press.
- Salisbury, M. (2010). “Creating an Innovative Learning Organization,” International Journal on E-Learning 9 (1), 115-128.
- Salisbury, M. (2009). "iLearning: How to Create an Innovative Learning Organization," San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer (Imprint of Wiley).
- Salisbury, M. (2009). "Creating an Innovative Learning Organization," International Journal on E-Learning 8(4).
- Salisbury, M. (2009). "A Framework for Managing the Life Cycle of Knowledge in Organizations," International Journal of Knowledge Management 5(1): 61-77.
- Salisbury, M. (2008). "A Framework for Collaborative Knowledge Creation," Knowledge Management Research and Practice 6(3): 214-224.
- Salisbury, M. (2008). "A Framework for Reusing and Repurposing Knowledge Work in Organizations," Journal of Information and Knowledge Management 7(2): 1-11.
- Salisbury, M. (2008). "From Instructional Systems Design to Managing the Life Cycle of Knowledge in Organizations," Performance Improvement Quarterly 13(3): 202–219.
Inducted into the Knappa High School Wall of Fame, 2008