Hasan Zaghlawan, Ph.D.
Hasan Zaghlawan coordinates the Early Childhood Special Education program in our department. Hasan received his BA and MA in Special Education from the University of Jordan, and earned his Ph.D. in Special Education with a focus on Early Childhood from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His research interests focus on promoting social and communication skills for young children with disabilities, and increasing children’s engagement in learning environments.
- Hedda, M., Ostrosky, M. M., Zaghlawan, H.Y., & Yu, S. Y. (2009). Promoting the social and communicative behavior of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A review of parent-implemented intervention studies. Topics in Early Childhood Special Education. 29, 90-104.
- Hughes, M. A., Shaffer, L., & Zaghlawan, H.Y. (2008). Inclusive playgroups: Supporting the development of infants and toddlers. In Paterson, C. A., Fox, L., & Blasco, P. M. (Eds.) Young Exceptional Children Monograph Series No. 10, Early intervention for infants and toddlers and their families: practices and outcomes (pp. 75-92). The Division For Early Childhood.
Awards & Accomplishments
- Principal Investigator, Pre-service Early Childhood Special Education. Minnesota Department of Education: Early Learning Services. $20,000.
- Guest reviewer for Young Exceptional Children (2012 – present)
- The Goldstick Family Fellowship, Department of Special Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010