Frequently Asked Questions from Parents
What exactly can my son/daughter do with their major?
Are internships important to in the job market today?
What is the placement rate of St. Thomas graduates?
Do all students meet with a career counselor?
How can my son/daughter be best prepared for the job search?
We recommend that students have the following by graduation:
- An understanding of the career planning process.
- A resume, preferably reviewed by a Career Development Center staff person.
- At least one internship, or employment (on or off-campus) experience related to the student’s area of career interest.
- Two opportunities to speak with professionals working in areas of their career interest (informational interviews).
- An understanding of interviewing techniques, networking, and job search correspondence.