Parents and Families
There are many resources on campus for parents of students. Visit the Parent Resource website, which includes the Parent Newsletter, for more information. In addition to the career resources listed below, you may want to check out our Frequently Asked Questions from Parents.
Resources for Students
Use the links below to understand and discuss academic and career possibilities with your student.
- Student Academic/Career Timeline
- Self Assessment
- Major and Career and Exploration
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Company Research
- Resumes, Cover Letters and Thank You Notes
- Salary and Negotiating Offers
- Graduate/Continuing Education
Resources for Parents & Families
There are many websites with information for parents of college students. Below you will find links to a few recommended resources.
- The Parent's Crash Course in Career Planning: Helping Your College Student Succeed by Marcia Harris and Sharon Jones, 2008.
- Bringing Home the Laundry: Effective Parenting for College and Beyond by Janis Brody, 2000.
- "You're on Your Own (But I'm Here if You Need Me)" by Marjorie Savage, 2003.
In Charge of Hiring at Your Organization?
If you are in a position to hire, check out our Resources for Employers. You will find information on resume books, posting a job or internship, and other services we provide to employers.
Be a Career Contact
Are you a UST alumna or alumnae who would be willing to grant informational interviews to students seeking information about your career area? Help students by joining the UST Alumni Sharing Knowledge group on LinkedIn and providing information about the education, experience, and skills needed to perform your job.
Location and Hours
St. Paul Campus
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Closed Weekends & Holidays
Additional St. Thomas Career Offices:
Opus College of Business Graduate Career Services
Terrence Murphy Hall 110
School of Law Career & Professional Development
MSL Suite 124