iExplore - First-Year
iExplore is a series of activities that will guide you in making insightful and intelligent decisions regarding your career experience while attending the University of St. Thomas.
Following this plan will greatly increase your chance of making your college experience an effective foundation for your life, as well as a successful and satisfying career.
1. Explore the Career Development Center
- Drop by Murray-Herrick Campus Center, Room 123 and explore our resource center or make an appointment to meet with a counselor.
- Register to receive a weekly e-mail with information related to workshops, activities and internships by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to subscribe to our email list.
2. Explore your interests and major options
- Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss majors and careers
- Learn about interest inventories
- Call (651) 962-6761 to set up an appointment
3. Explore how you can use your experience and skills in your first resume
- Meet with a Career Counselor to develop your resume
- Note: Resumes will be needed for all campus positions including work study jobs
4. Explore our web site
- Explore our website at stthomas.edu/careerdevelopment
- Check out resources available through Career LibGuides
- Browse through the "What can I do with a Major In?" section
5. Explore our online community for the most up to date career information
We strongly encourage students to continually partake in the following activities:
- Meeting with faculty, advisors and/or alumni to discuss major/career options
- Explore job shadow/volunteer opportunities and seek additional community service opportunities