About Our Students
The University of St. Thomas is Minnesota's largest independent college or university, the state's 16th-largest nonprofit organization, and the state's largest nonprofit organization outside field of health care (“Star Tribune Nonprofit 100," December 2010).
- Overall Enrollment: 10,534 total — 6,176 undergraduate and 4,358 graduate. (Fall 2011)
- Gender: 50% women
- Students of color: 13.8 percent of undergraduates and 13.7 percent of the graduate student population
- International Students: 300 students from other countries
- 34.8% enrolled in a business major (Fall 2009)
- Approximately 56% of graduates conduct internships as reported the 2011 Post Graduation Survey
- Undergraduate students at St. Thomas study in 90 major fields with 60 minors and six pre-professional programs. Undergraduate degrees include bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of music, bachelor of science in mechanical engineering or a bachelor of science in electrical engineering.
Most Popular Majors by Enrollment (Fall 2010)
- Biology (547) *
- Engineering (451)
- Marketing Management (424)
- Psychology (391)
- Financial Management (387)
- Accounting (385)
- Mass Communication/Journalism (316)
- General Business Management (279)
- Education (258)
- Entrepreneurship (228)
*Includes declared Pre-Med emphasis
Post Graduation Survey
The Career Development Center annually collects data on undergraduate alumni one year after graduation. The survey reports salary ranges, employment activity, as well as plans for graduate school. This report is available online in summary form and. Upon request, a complete hard copy may be sent to those interested. Visit the Post-Graduation Survey website for more information.