What is an eXpress Account?

The eXpress Account is a debit spending account available to currently registered UST students, faculty, and staff.  See the eXpress Account webpage for more information.

Where can I use eXpress Account funds?

The eXpress Account can be used at any Dining Services outlet (for students with Flex Dollars, Flex will apply first), UST Bookstores, Tommie Central, the Tommie Shop, Summit Marketplace and selected vending machines.  Several off-campus vendors also accept eXpress funds, including (but not limited to) Chipotle, Noodles & Company, and Davanni's.  See the eXpress Account webpage for more information.

Where do I get my ID card?

Incoming students attending an Orientation Session will obtain their UST Tommie ID card at some point during their session.

Outside of Orientation sessions, registered students can obtain a Tommie ID Card by visiting the Card Office in St. Paul, or its satellite location in Minneapolis.  A government issued photo ID, such as a Driver's License, State ID, or passport, will be required to sit for the photo and obtain the ID card.

What do I do if I lose my card?

If your Tommie ID Card is lost or stolen, immediately report the loss to the St. Paul Card Office (651-962-6069), and/or to Public Safety (651-962-5100).  The card will be invalidated to prevent unauthorized use.  There is a $18 charge for replacement cards.


What if my card stops working?

Call or stop by the St. Paul Card Office (651-962-6069) or the Minneapolis Public Safety Desk (651-962-4100) for assistance in finding the issue with your current ID card.  There is no charge for replacement cards if the issue is related to wear and tear during the normal course of use.  The old card MUST be returned to receive a new card at no charge.  

Is my Tommie ID card also my meal plan card?

Yes.  The multi-functional Tommie ID Card also serves as the meal plan card. UST offers several meal plans to both residents and commuters; there are block or declining meal plans which are combined with flex dollar allowances.  Meal plan participants are welcome to use their board meals at the View (Anderson Student Center), the Binz (South Campus), or Food for Thought (Minneapolis campus).  Flex dollars are for use in any food service location and are not valid anywhere else on-campus or off-campus.  They must be used by the end of the semester and do not carry over into the next semester.  For more information on meal plans and dining services, visit www.stthomas.edu/dining.


What is the difference between flex dollars and eXpress dollars?

Flex dollars are attached to meal plans. Flex dollars can only be used to purchase food items at The View, T's, Binz, Food for Thought, Beakers Coffee Cart, Brady Coffee Cart, Summit Market Place, Pit Stop, Scooter's, and The Loft. Flex dollars expire at the end of the semester and any remaining balance is forfeited. (Most students check their balances the last month of the semester and spend accordingly). More information on resident and non-resident meal plans can be found on the food services web page at: www.stthomas.edu/dining/plans/default.html.

Express dollars are attached to the eXpress Account and are similar to prepaid debit cards. Deposits can be made through the GET Funds System by credit card, a charge to the student tuition account (for students), or payroll deduction (for employees). Credit card deposits over $50 or payroll deduction deposits will receive a bonus at the time of the deposit.

Express dollars can be used to purchase a variety of goods and services at both on-campus and off-campus merchants.

Can a student be denied the Bill Me option to their express account?

The University reserves the right to inactivate the Bill Me option at any time for any reason.